Sunday 27 March 2011

Expectations....

We all know what expectation is.... as in its something which we continually apply in our day to day being....
I mean from the smallest of things such as expecting from a person to do something for you by paying them to the unsaid expectations for the bigger and emotional things.


Now paid one is obviously the one where in you are paying someone for doing some kind of chore like a laundry guy to wash clothes and you expect him to do it properly.
The problem basically lies in the unsaid expectation, usually triggered by emotional relationships. Why is it that people expect so much from others?

Why do they become dependent on someone else?

Can they not be totally care free and not really put their hopes on someone else?
Are they not scared of being let down?.... I guess they are but each and every person is an emotional fool. The degree of being emotional may differ but still.... in the end they do expect.


The variants of expectations from people would be like...
Mom: you should respect your elders.... you should keep your stuff neat and clean ... you must eat healthy.... why do you stay up late?.... why dont you help me out in the kitchen sometime?....bla bla bla


Dad: you know you should keep an account of things you spend on..... you are supposed to run random errands... you should be more serious about your life and career....you think money grows on trees.... bla bla bla


Siblings: you know you should like give me gifts and stuff.... that chocolate was not just for you.... if I am lying for you that will cost..... uh huh...sharing is caring isn't it?..... bla bla bla


Bf/Gf: do you love me?.... you are supposed to call me and talk to me every waking second.... hello...I need some air..... bla bla bla


Friends: lets hang out...... uh i dont like that person so u are not supposed to talk to them.... pinky swear... bla bla bla


So these are just like a sample of expectations...which can drive anyone crazy.....
so is it good to have expectations? I dunno... maybe it is... it gives u a feel good factor that if ppl do live up to your expectations.... but what if they don't....
....
Food for Thought!

2 comments:

  1. Dude... You pay me and expect me to lie for you.....
    its NOT the other way round !
    And I dont expect you to buy me gifts..
    I tell you to buy me gifts...!!


    N haan true... expecting can cause agony..
    Also, no one can give you that, that sense of confidence
    that nothing will change, because it will. :\

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude stop spreading dirt on my blog....lol

    and good to know tht u have turned out to be like a sensible person :P

    ReplyDelete