Monday 28 March 2011

{[(Trapped)]}





I made this sketch during one of my low moments........ Why?.... to maybe believe that this reality was basically just a bad dream ....


Maybe the reflection on the mirror is a better place to stay in rather than what I get to see now.
The concept behind this is that the female protagonist is in a very dark phase of her life...... to signify this the room is lit only by a single candle casting its shadows on most of the area....giving the place a gloomy feel. The sole candle also signifies loneliness....its not to be confused as a ray of hope.


The girl feels trapped and she wants the mirror to lie to her....  show her a made up version of reality. Show her false projections of something happy and joyous and help her take her mind off the unpleasant things in life.!


Life has become a roller coaster ride.... actually NO,roller coaster ride is still fun... you have your frightening moments and moments with so much adrenaline rush that by end of it you are either shocked or just so happy that you made it. In short you enjoy it..... But this doesnt hold true now-a-days.... I mean theres so much hypocrisy, bureaucracy, double standards, cheating, fraud, rape, extortion, suicides, massacres, wars, murders, kidnapping, typhoons, cyclones, earthquakes, etc etc....


There is just too many of these instances..... I know this may not be directly affecting me at the moment, but at this moment, as you read this, someone maybe taking their last breath, people die every second. But does that even bother anyone. No, I guess not, as far as I know that I am not dying or the people around me are not I guess I am invincible till then.
Doesnt that make you wonder that how Heartless one has become.... I know some might think that well Arent we supposed to like Live our Life while it lasts.... but still, it doesnt mean that we are going to turn a blind eye towards it.


So yes that is what has become life for this lady in the picture and she wants to believe that she is just trapped in a piece of glass and that Yes one day she might break through it to see the optimistic and happy version on the other side If at all that exists.........

1 comment: